Stand Your Ground
The following dialogue was copied from Facebook but it might happen in a real time conversation somewhere soon.
– Hi, table for two, please.
– Sure, and your name?
– Great. And do you and your guest have your vaccination cards?
– Hmmm, well first, can you tell us who our server will be?
– Um, looks like Brad will be your server tonight.
– Great. Can you show us Brad’s vaccination card?
– Um …
– And also, can you provide me with proof that Brad is not a carrier of HIV, hepatitis A or B, or any other communicable diseases? Same for you and the kitchen staff.
– Um …
– Also, we would prefer not to be served by someone who is on or uses recreational drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, meth, fentanyl, etc., so if you could provide us with Brad’s most recent tox screen, that would be great. Matter of fact, imma need to see all of your employees’ medical history.
– Um … Let me get the manager for you.
– That would be great, thanks. Make sure they have their vax card and medical records please.
Here’s the thing, nobody needs restaurants, or other extraneous places. But they need us. Start standing your ground.