June used to be the time for summer fun and drinking Corona at Jimmy Buffet concerts.
However, in 2020, June is now the month of expanded coronavirus testing in Guilford County.
The Guilford County Health Department has announced that, in a joint effort with UNC-Greensboro, the cities of High Point and Greensboro and the parks departments of those two cities, more virus testing will be made available to the members of the public who have been exposed to the disease or who fall into one of the high-risk categories.
Those who meet the criteria can get a test regardless of whether or not they have medical insurance. However, these tests will be conducted by appointment only, so anyone who wants a test should call Guilford County health officials at 336-641-7527.
Again, the tests aren’t for everyone – but a lot of county residents are eligible for one reason or another.
Here are the testing dates and sites:
- UNCG’s Oakland Parking Deck in Greensboro. Monday, June 1 and Tuesday, June 2, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Washington Street’s Terrace Community Center at 101 Gordon St. in High Point. Friday, June 5, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Windsor Recreation Center at 1601 E. Gate City Boulevard in Greensboro. Monday, June 8, Wednesday, June 10 and Friday, June 12, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Southside Recreation Center at 401 Taylor Ave. in High Point. Monday, June 15, Wednesday, June 17 and Friday June 19, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Peeler Recreation Center at 1300 Sykes Ave. in Greensboro. Monday, June 22, Wednesday, June 24 and Friday, June 26 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The people who the county will test at all of these events are those who’ve shown symptoms of the virus or have come in contact with someone infected. It also includes the elderly, frontline medical workers and those with medical conditions that put them especially at risk. Call for specifics.