Halloween is officially Tuesday, Oct. 31, but you don’t have to wait to start celebrating.
The Greensboro Parks and Recreation Department is holding a number of spooky events, most of them free, from now through and even after Halloween.
These events include:
- The Spooky Fright Month with STEAM: This is an extraordinary Halloween adventure where slime, ghosts, coding and witches’ brew collide in a spine-chilling journey from 4:15 to 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 17 and Tuesday, Oct. 24 at. Xperience @ Caldcleugh. Recommended ages are 6 to 14 and registration is requested.
- Trunk-or-Treat: On Saturday, Oct. 21, Windsor Recreation Center will host a trunk-or-treat event from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Greensboro Youth Council’s Ghoulash: This is a scare-free event held in Center City and LeBauer Parks on Saturday, Oct. 21 from 2:30 to 5:30 pm.
- Lake Brandt Halloween Party: Featuring a costume paddle, creepy creatures and spooky stories with s’mores around a campfire. Fees range from $2 to $30 depending on the activity, from 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 28.
- Howl-o-ween: A costume party for all ages and breeds with treats for dogs and their human companions will be held at Country Park from 1 to 4 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 29.
- Zombie Walk: The walk is from the Glenwood Library to the Glenwood Recreation Center and will feature face painting, pizza and music. It will be held Monday, Oct. 30 from 4 to 6 p.m.
- Monster Mash: Features games, candy, music, crafts and scary stories. Costumes are encouraged but not required for the mash at the Glenwood Recreation Center on Tuesday, Oct. 31 aka Halloween, from 4 to 6 p.m.
- Halloween Hoopla: This is the annual Halloween event at Brown Recreation Center on Halloween, Tuesday, Oct. 31 from 6 to 8 p.m. It features games, crafts, prizes and spooktacular fun.
- Pumpkin Smash: Definitely a post Halloween event that will be held at Lake Brandt on Saturday, Nov. 4 from 10 a.m. to noon. This is a bring your own pumpkin event and the smashed pumpkins will be composted by the city at the conclusion of the smashing.