Early voting for the May 17 primary opens on Thursday, April 28 at 8 a.m. at all early voting locations and will close at 7:30 p.m.
All early voting locations will also be open from 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Friday, April 29, but all locations will be closed on Saturday, April 30 and Sunday, May 1.
All early voting locations will reopen on Monday, May 2 and be open weekdays from 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and weekends from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. until Saturday, May 14.
Voters can go to any of the early voting locations to vote. However, on Election Day, May 17, voters need to go to their assigned precinct to vote.
The early voting locations are:
- Blue Room at the Old Guilford County Courthouse, 301 W. Market St. Greensboro
- Ag Center (Barn), 3309 Burlington Road, Greensboro
- Brown Recreation Center, 302 E. Vandalia Road, Greensboro
- Bur-Mil Club, 5834 Bur-Mil Club Road, Greensboro
- Craft Recreation Center, 3911 Yanceyville St., Greensboro
- Deep River Recreation Center, 1529 Skeet Club Road, High Point
- Leonard Recreation Center, 6324 Ballinger Road, Greensboro
- Roy B. Culler, Jr. Senior Center 921 Eastchester Dr. Suite 1230, (former Oak Hollow Mall) High Point
The delayed and postponed election schedule is confusing.
The Greensboro City Council primary is on ballot along with Guilford County, state and federal offices. However, the Greensboro City Council general election will be held on Tuesday, July 26. This is the postponed 2021 election that was originally scheduled for October and November 2021. The terms of the serving members of the City Council have all be extended until the new City Council is sworn in after July 26 general election.
The general election for the Guilford County, state and federal offices that are also on the May 17 primary ballot will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 8.
So, this is one primary for two different general elections to be held months apart.
In Greensboro municipal primaries the mayoral race is usually the top of the ballot, but in this election the statewide US Senate primary has that honor.