Democrat Economic Policies Work
One of the criticisms Republicans have leveled at Democrats is that they are the party of big spenders creating budget deficits. Facts just don’t bear this out as twice in recent years presidents Clinton and Obama have brought order to the budget and to the economy in general. Under President Clinton we had a balanced budget and President Obama engineered a plan that diverted a deep recession or perhaps even a depression. In contrast the Trump Administration created a large national debt.
So what has President Biden done for us?
- The unemployment rate stands at 3.8 percent which is near a 50-year low.
- Last month 187,000 jobs were added as businesses continue to expand and spend.
- The housing market has rebounded impressively.
- Inflation has dropped from a high of 9.1 percent in June 2022 to 3.2 percent this past July.
- Growth in the GDP (gross domestic product) was a solid 2.1 percent in the second quarter of this year.
And what does the Republican Party have to offer?
- The Republican U.S. House of Representatives has not passed a single piece of legislation to address the many issues facing our country like immigration and climate change and in fact are looking to shut down the government by not paying what the country owes.
- And a likely nominee for president who faces 91 felony charges in four separate court cases, who has encouraged an insurrection and who openly undermines our system of laws and threatens our very democracy itself.