Facts About Trump Presidency
James Bennett writes of wishing he had been able to complete a red-light conversation with a Trump supporter. Bennett would have “informed” the poor misguided young man of the “truth” about Trump’s record on the economy, tax cuts and COVID-19. Or perhaps the young man would have imparted some of these facts:
According to Yahoo! News:
“About 1.6 million, or one percent of all taxpayers, bore 40 percent of the income tax burden due to the federal government …
So here are the results of the Trump tax cuts:
- The income tax burden for high earners increased $16 billion to 40 percent of the total owed.
- The income tax burden for middle class earners decreased by $31 billion to 13 percent of the total owed.
- The income tax burden for low wage workers decreased by $4 billion to 1 percent of the total owed.
Doesn’t sound much like a tax cut for the wealthy.”
From Snopes: “According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the country’s unemployment rate dropped to 3.5% in fall 2019 — the lowest rate in about 50 years, since December 1969.”
From FactCheck.org – (October 2019-pre-pandemic): “Since President Donald Trump took office:
- The economy added 6 million jobs, and the unemployment rate dropped to the lowest level in nearly 50 years.
- Median household income rose 2.3%. Average weekly paychecks rose 2.8%. The poverty rate and food stamp rolls declined.
- Stock prices rose: The S&P 500 index was up 29.8%. Single-family home prices rose nearly 23%, hitting a record level in June.”
To be sure, not all financial stats were as favorable to Trump (deficits were up even before the pandemic).
Speaking of the pandemic – Did Trump “fail” in his COVID response as Bennett claims?
- Jan 7, 2020, The CDC set up its coronavirus incident management system
- Jan 29, 2020Trump formed the Coronavirus Task Force
- Jan. 30, 2020The Trump administration had a conference call with state governors and produced an action plan for the outbreak.
- Jan 312020He put in place a travel ban from China,
- Feb. 24, 2020The Trump administration requested $2.5 billion from Congress to fight the Coronavirus
- All of the above were before the first US COVID death onFeb 29, 2020
- He worked with businesses to begin ramping up production of needed medical supplies for healthcare workers.
- There were also a number of executive orders passed to tear down government restrictionsthat blocked businesses from manufacturing products outside their designed purpose.
- Not a single patient in need of a ventilator was denied the use of one due to lack of availability.
- Established a COVID hospital in NYC and dispatched hospital ships to NYC and LA.
- Operation Warp Speed resulted in two vaccines being available before the end of 2020, with almost 1 million vaccinations per week by the end of Trump’s term.
- In sworn testimony in Congress, Dr. Fauci testified that President Trump’s COVID response saved lives.
“Dr. Neil M. Ferguson, a British epidemiologist…is regarded as the preeminent source on disease outbreak modeling. He … came up with high-and-low end estimates to what the United States was likely to face. He stated there was a possibility of 2.2 million deaths, in his worst-case scenario…… if all went well the U.S. would ‘”only” see about 1.1 million deaths.”
Of course, the real number was much less. So far total deaths (under both administrations combined) is about half of Dr. Ferguson’s *best-case* scenario. So apparently Trump’s “failure” saved between 500,000 and 1.7 million lives.
Both Administrations Deserve Credit For Rapid Vaccine Rollout
Many would think that something as massive as the COVID-19 pandemic would breach things like political obstacles simply because of the fact that it doesn’t care what your political beliefs are. And if you were talking just about the pandemic itself you’d be right. The problem is it’s gone beyond that. If there was ever an apolitical subject, this is it. But the only way that’s going to come out is if both sides concede that the other side was just as important in getting us where we are in defeating this crisis.
Operatives in the Biden administration are doing their best to make it appear that the Trump administration was all talk but no action and it was them, the Biden people that actually got the ball rolling. I have heard one individual; I believe he was a senior White House individual on COVID that actually, reluctantly gave credit to the Trump administration for their part in getting the ball rolling and creating the base for the vaccine rollout which has led to the rapid surge in vaccinations under the Biden administration.
Yes, I give credit to both administrations for where we are at this point. To do anything else would be disingenuous and divisive. But to hear the Biden mouthpieces tell it, all progress…all progress…is the result of the Biden Administration.
Now let’s get down to the real elephant in the room. In my opinion all of this is not the Biden administration talking. It is in reality the (National Socialist) Democrat Politburo using him as their cover to operate and pass legislation they want. They have taken distraction to the nth degree. The Pelosi/Schumer/Harris triumvirate with the Democrat majority in both houses of Congress has all the power they need to ram through virtually anything they want, along with occasional help from the RINOs in both chambers. The term for this is ‘one party rule,’ something the ‘rats have only dreamed of up to now.
Getting this power was the first step. The next is maintaining it, and we’re seeing the start of that with H.R.1 which, if allowed to pass, is the beginning of the end of our current form government, a Representative Democracy, and the beginning of up to now I have jokingly referred to as a (National Socialist) Democrat Party.
Now more than ever We the People need to stand up and be heard.
I ask Mr. Marshall to use his insights on current political events to promote the only thing that will put American citizens back in control of our government……term limits!
As much as I was once against term limits, I have reluctantly began to agree with them.
Because of many factors government service has evolved into, in essence and for all intentions, a profession. This is dangerous. They are REPRENTATIVES. They are meant to be there by the people FOR the people.
We cannot and must not allow for ‘professional politicians’.
Smoot and his rose colored glasses. Here is a more balanced view:
– Per Forbes, under Trump, “For the first time in American history, the 400 wealthiest people paid a lower tax rate than any other group”.
– While the top 1.6 million did carry the higher burden, the real damage was from using US Debit to fund a tax to business (often owned by the top 1.6 million top earners). Fortune 500 paid an average effective rate of 11.3%. This is down from historical effective rates of 21%.
– Love how you always ignore the Covid economic impact and how during his poor leadership (more on that in a sec) he is the first post–World War II president to see employment fall during his presidency. It last occurred when Herbert Hoover left office in 1933 amid the early years of the Great Depression
– Now what really matters….his covid response. Sure, he went through the motions of taking some actions given the stress the pandemic put on the economy, but real leadership is more than going through the motions….his action led to a significant portion of the country belittling early CDC recommendations and even as the CDC learned more about the virus and revised their recommendation (you know cuz science)….he doubled down on discrediting his own covid19 response team. Here are the ‘Real Leadership’ actions Trump took:
– 2018 – Trump cuts CDC epidemic response resources
– Early 2019 – delays US testing (cuz you know….the numbers would make him look bad)
– He only partially banned travel from China and Europe with minimal testing of those allowed to travel to US
But Most important where his words that his dear follows used as excuses to not follow CDC guidelines:
Jan 22nd “No. Not at all. And we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s — going to be just fine.”
Feb 24 “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
Mar 4th – Starts to try and blame away issue “The Obama administration made a decision on testing that turned out to be very detrimental to what we’re doing.”
Mar 6th “”I would rather (Grand Princess passengers stay aboard) because I like the numbers being where they are. I don’t need to have the numbers double because of one ship.”
Mar 6th “the Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant. Surgeon General, “The risk is low to the average American.”
The list goes on and on and on even up to the point that over 400K died while he was crying foul about being fairly elected out of office.
Worst President Ever. Sure covid19 exposed his awful leadership in a more devastating way than any of thought could happen. But even Hilary would have gotten covid19 response right….and we was clearly the best candidate for worst president ever until Trump won.
Keep drinking the koolaid Chris. You are so addicted to the fake news that you would not understand the truth if it hit you in the face.
Chris, stop drinking that blue cool-aid.
Chris, you seem to forget that it was Biden and Pelosi who told our country and Trump that he should not have cut travel from China, and that there was no threat to the virus. Pelosi was even in China Town whooping it up with the locals without masks and telling everyone to come to China Town. Later on, Biden had to admit he was wrong about the virus and apologized to Trump.
Guess you forgot, or dismissed, those facts.
Blue Kool-Aid is bad for you. . . . makes you look at only things that are blue.
Seems like you agree with me, while disparaging me… I’m confused
. . . “the real damage was from using US Debit to fund a tax”
I know you meant “debt” in your statement, but under the Biden-Harris plan (er, um. . . Harris-Biden plan), the federal debt is exploding, but they always have money to dole out to their supporters like the Kennedy Center, etc.
On the tax reduction? He raised the standard deduction to $25,000 which meant those lowest on the income bracket paid much less, or zero taxes. He also capped the deductions for residential and business real estate at 10,000 which angered those in high states in like New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey, California, and others. Oh I know why. . . .they were all democrat states who enjoyed writing off their taxes at the expense of the rest of us.
Your note of “sad” also applies to you as well. Wake up!
Clearly a tale of two Chris’s. One from way out in the ozone(2) . One from the real world where I hope we can return (1).
It seems that Chris and the others that have been on the cool-aid too long .Joe Biden could raise a $100 million over a weekend mostly from Wall Street,the giant tech companies In California,the unions,And the general Rich Democrats.The problem with that was Joe had to toe the line and Ehatever these people wanted Joe had to oblige them .Also he put together the worst group of people to support him .Joe made a big issue to say he was adding minorities in his cabinet.Some of these jobs were payback for their giving .At least Trump did not take the various Wall Street and other big contributors therefore he was not beholden to them .Will joe last out the first year!??By the way who is running Joe’s job as President????? Current he VP is talking and seeing the foreign leaders. We are approaching 80 days Joe’s been in office and it appears he has not left his basement/bunker since the inauguration.When he does he has a senior moment at almost every event .What are the leaders of the countries that hate America doing when Joe stumble’s and stammers and cannot put three sentences together without at least one blunder.They are probably laughing their collective heads off.They probably think they could give America a lot of problems any time they want.I would guess that China or even Iran or North Korea would be the likely candidates. I think what should be happening in America is an old fashioned revival should break out all over America and pray for Joe that he will get better and govern as a president would.I remember how several people in news media said Jimmy Carter was the worst president in our history.Then we had Obama and jimmy said he passed the mantle to Obama.We are only into 2 months with Joe and he has shown glimpses that he will be the worst with the shortest time served.We probably understand what Pelosi was talking about when she brought up the 25 th Amendment last fall .She had to have joe in mind. Why does America keep voting in these Democrats.Their whole premise is to stay in powe for all time .Look at HR 1, and you ‘ll see what I’m talking about